Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Welcome "Bluey"

We'd like to announce the fifth member of our family...our new fish named Bluey. We've debated wether or not to get a dog for quite some time and I'm just not ready for that kind of committment. Maybe when the boys get older and can help out more. Plus, Pat is really allergic to animal hair, so we'd have to get a dog that doesn't shed. In the meantime, we have wanted to get a pet and we decided that a fish would be the best first pet. It's a Betta fish and they are pretty easy to take care of. Lukas is excited to have a fish and it was hard picking a name. He first wanted to call it "Cougar" and then "Utah" and somewhere he heard the name Michael and liked that, but he really liked Bluey since his fish is blue. So Bluey it is!

8 comments:

Diane said...

Your boys are sooooo cute!!! I can't believe how big they are. Have fun with your new pet. It's just beginning. First the fish, then the lizards, snakes, turtles, frogs, guinea pigs, ducks, bugs, rabbits, mice, cats, dogs, etc., etc. Oh the joys of little boys! Have fun!

Patty R said...

How exciting! Good choice for a first pet. I love the name :)

Kimberly said...

Devon keeps telling me we need to get the kids a rabbit. I am not ready for any pet of any kind, but I think a fish is a great way to start!

Emily said...

Bluey is truly a cute little member of the family. I love your blog!! I looked at it again and showed it to Scott and we both think that it is so cute. It makes me want to redesign my site again. :)
I also just found your Designs By JaNece blog. Awesome! When you start your summer inventory, keep me posted so that I may come and help you. For how much are you selling your magnets? I want to be able to say that I was one of your first customers when you are of course rich and beyond famous!!

Steve and Cyndi said...

I love the look of the new blog! My favorite is the picture of you in those boots! Too funny!

Kimberly said...

Nice makeover on your blog, it looks great!

Alison said...

I love the new look of your blog!! Congrats on the new fish!

Mindy said...

Welcome Bluey! I love your name. hahaha