Tuesday, January 1, 2008

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!! 2008

I am so excited to start a new year. There is just something about a fresh start that gets me motivated to do better and be better! I just sat down and finished my list of goals. I listed 7 and can probably think of 5 others that should be on there, but I don't want to get discouraged and not accomplilsh any of them. So this is the year! I can feel it! It's going to be a good one. I love getting organized and excited about life. Sometimes I feel like there is so much that I need to improve that it feels like, "why try"? But I heard something once that stuck with me. "Do a little more tomorrow than you did today." I get easily overwhelmed and frustrated b/c I want to be everything all at once (a good mom/wife who is patient and put together and cooks great meals and does her visiting teaching/scripture study/FHE lessons/temple attendance and shows up to church 10 minutes early with well-groomed kids who are potty trained and well-behaved and that live in a spotless house that is organized and the laundry is always done...ok you get it). I am trying to get out of that frame of mind and just improve the me that is already here. Baby steps. I compare myself way too much to others and that is not good. I don't have to be anyone but ME! And I'm learning to appreciate that and accept it and LOVE it! Thank you to all you who inspire and uplift me! This is the year!!!!!!!!!!!!

5 comments:

Tyler and Julia said...

JaNece, you & I sound very much alike. It seems like everywhere we look, there's always someone who seems more on the ball than we are, but let me just say that I feel VERY priviledged to know you. YOU inspire ME!

Heather said...

While you are comparing yourself to others, they are comparing themselves to you. I am amazed by everything I read and how together you seem to be. Keep up the good work, and your philosophy is also mine. I can Be a little better today than I was yesterday.

Shay said...

You go girl...this is totally your year! If you believe that, it will happen! I love that quote! Thanks for your inspiration!

Patty R said...

J, You are an awesome mom, wife, sister, etc. Don't put so much pressure on yourself..I think you are great just the way you are :)

Mindy said...

I love you EXACTLY the way you are sis. You're awesome and inspiring. This is your year!!!