Saturday, January 26, 2008

The Truth Hurts!

So Emily sent me this email, which I have to share b/c it is TOO true and TOO funny. I hope you get a good laugh out of it! It's a little long, but worth reading. --------------------------------------------------------- Recently, I was diagnosed with C. A. A. D. D. --"Child Activated Attention Deficit Disorder" This is how it manifests: I decide to do the laundry. As I start toward the laundry room, I notice that there are cheerios all over the floor and my car keys are in the cereal bowl. I decide to pick up the cheerios before I do the laundry. I lay my car keys down on the counter, put the cheerios in the trash can under the counter, and notice that the trash can is full. So, I decide to take out the trash. But then I think, since I'm going to be near the mailbox when I take out the trash I may as well pay the bills first. I take my checkbook off the table, and see that there is only one check left, my extra checks are in my desk in the office/playroom, so I go to my desk where I find a sippy cup full of juice. I'm going to look for my checks, but first I decide I should put sippy cup in the refrigerator to keep it cold. As I head toward the kitchen with the sippy cup, a vase of flowers on the counter catches my eye --they need to be watered. I set the sippy cup on the counter, and I discover baby wipes that I've been searching for all morning. I decide I better put them back in the bathroom, but first I'm going to water the flowers. I set the wipes back down, fill a container with water and suddenly I spot the TV remote, one of the kids left it on the kitchen table. I realize that after school when they go to watch TV, I will be looking for the remote as they fight over who lost it, but I won't remember that it's on the kitchen table, so I decide to put it back in the den where belongs, but first I'll water the flowers. I splash some water on the flowers, but most of it spills on the floor. So, I set the remote back down, get some paper towels and wipe up the spill. Then I head down the hall trying to remember what I was planning to do. At the end of the day: the laundry isn't washed, the bills aren't paid, there is a warm cup of juice sitting on the counter, the flowers aren't watered, there is still only one check in my checkbook, I can't find the remote, I can't find the wipes, and I don' t remember what I did with the car keys. Then when I try to figure out why nothing got done today, I'm really baffled because I know I was busy all day long, and I'm really tired. I realize this is a serious problem, and I'll try to get some help for it, but first I'll check my e-mail. Do me a favor, will you? Forward this message, because I don't remember to whom it has been sent to. Don't laugh --if this isn't you yet, your day is coming.

5 comments:

Patty R said...

I love this, it's so true, I don't have kids yet, but this happpens to me too, lol

Emily said...

I hear ya sistah! :)
I love your blog book shelf...I think that I want to copy that, what a great idea... :)
Em

Steve and Cyndi said...

THANKS! This explains why I feel like I haven't accomplished anything all day but feel like I did so much! I LOVE it!

Tyler and Julia said...

I laughed myself SILLY after reading this, and not just because it was funny, but because I've felt this way nealry every day since I've had our children. Thanks JaNece, I really NEEDED a good laugh after a long, tiring weekend!

Heather said...

This was SO good. And makes me feel like I'm not the only one... I really do feel busy all day long, and usually have nothing to show for it.
PS-I had to copy this for myself. Hope you don't mind