Saturday, January 5, 2008

Mr. Max

I have been teaching Max a little bit of 'baby sign' to help him learn to communicate. Just the other day he did "more" and "all gone". It is so cute to see him do it and understand it! He already does "milk", squeezing those fat hands together so fast when he sees his bottle! It's so cute! And he is starting to say words. Everything is "uh oh". And he throws his hands up when he feels he's done something that is worth saying "Yeeeaaah!" for. It's cute. I was showing him pictures of our family and he says "mama" "dada" "nana" "papa" and then I showed him my sister's family and he said "kars" for Karsten! It was so cute! He is just a little tank that rams into everything and falls over and head-butts, so it is fun to see him understanding the world around him. He makes me smile and laugh daily! On the same note, Lukas says the funniest things. The other day he was acting like a baby (as he often does, so that he can get the same attention that Max gets). Anyway, I was asking him if he was a baby and he said, "No Mom, I'm not a baby anymore! I'm a KID. I'm your little sweetheart". It was so funny.

6 comments:

Michelle said...

I love these ages! It's fun to share it with you!

Mindy said...

Kars misses Max! That's so cute he knows his name! I'm so impressed and I can't believe how much he's already changing and I just saw him at Thanksgiving!!! Let's get together soon sis!!!

Patty R said...

Max is such a sweetheart and very smart too. Mr Lukas is a sweetie too. Love you guys :)

Diane said...

What a small world it is!!! I saw your name on Kimberly's blog and had to take a look. Such a cute family!! Please tell your mom hi from me and let her know I think about her all the time. Miss you guys! It will be fun to check in now and then on you. Love ya!

Kimberly said...

Oh my gosh! It is so funny reading about your boys because it is so similar to mine. Boys definitely have a different kind of energy than girls do, but it is so fun. Blake head-butts too. We thought it was kind of funny at first, but now it's becoming a problem--especially now that he is in nursery. I can't believe how many words Max has already, what a smart little guy!

Heather said...

That is so great to communicate with our little ones. It helps ease their frustration. My Max can sign all done, more, and water. But I wish he would start saying mama and dada and stuff. I can't wait!