Sunday, January 20, 2008

Sleeping Woes

Lukas decided he wanted to share a room with Max and many of you suggested that it might help his night-time anxieties, so we put Lukas' bed in Max room (Lukas didn't want to be in his 'scary' room anymore). Sure enough, it has helped Lukas. He still asks about monsters and sometimes comes into our room at night, but it is tapering off. (THANK YOU for all your advice). Although now, Max, who used to be my great sleeper is waking up during the night and won't go down so easy!!! I fix one problem to find another! It took me almost 2 hours to get both boys to sleep tonight! There has got to be an easier way! I want to cry...Mostly because I'm tired and I woke up early to get ready for church. Those of you that have kids that you just put in bed, say goodnight and walk away better be grateful! I feel like I'm going to lose my mind. I spend all this time getting one asleep and then the other wakes up and both are awake and the process starts all over again! I know it will take some time to get them used to each other and I have to keep telling myself that soon they will be teenagers and it will take a bullhorn to get them out of bed in the morning. **sigh** Someday I'll look back at this and, well I probably won't laugh, but it will be a faded memory.

3 comments:

Tyler and Julia said...

Oh JaNece, I REALLY SHOULD be grateful, because Aubrey is so good to just get into bed and say good-night when Tyler & I walk out of her room! However, Paxton is beginning to make up for her, as he woke us up at 4:00 nearly EVERY morning last week! Hang in there; you & Pat have ADORABLE boys!

paige said...

1. Sleeping has got the be the worst thing to get "interrupted" for me. Polly woke up early this morning - I think because she was cold (I told Lorin to put 2 PJ's on her - but no, that didn't happen.)
2. I just heard a story from my Grandma about my cousin who has a hard time sleeping. They give him a little flashlight so he can check things out for himself if he sees a spooky shadow or thinks something is under the bed. That might not work so well since he is sharing a room...
3. We need to have you guys & the Norton's over. I have been saying that for 2 1/2 months, so get ready. It might actually happen!

Michelle said...

Love the new blog look!!
And I use the "when they are teenagers they will sleep" all the time on myself to make me feel better. Just so you know, I think it's normal!