Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Bachelorette Night

Monday night has become a 'much anticipated, something to look forward to, escape from kids and life' night. Can you guess why? Girlfriends, good junk food and of course, "The Bachelorette" to keep us entertained! Now that it's over, we will have to find something else to fill in the gap. Grey's perhaps... Thanks for a fun season ladies!!

Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Alaska Ho!

My sweet sister and her family are moving to Alaska (from California). Even though we were far apart when she lived in Cali, I will miss her terribly! It just seems so much farther away. I need to rack up my sky miles to go visit her. Good luck Hymas family! (They are driving there. Yikes!)

Saturday, July 25, 2009

24th Campout

We had a neighborhood BBQ/camp-out Thursday night to celebrate the 24th. It was so fun. A tad hot, but good food and company! The kids had a blast with the fire pit, the sparklers, Red Rover and sleeping in their tents! It needs to become a tradition.

Thursday, July 23, 2009

Herriman Res

Or the Beach as I like to call it. What could be more fun than having a beach just a few miles away from home? No more having to drive 10 hours to get to Newport anymore. (Not that this is exactly comparable to Newport, but for Herriman it rocks!!!) We had a great time playing in the sand and water with our great friends and neighbors. We'll be going back a lot this summer!!

Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Fun in the Sun

There are many ways to stay cool in 100 degree weather.

  1. Stay inside in an air conditioned house. (Boring...but at least you stay cool.)
  2. Go to the local pool. (Fun and refreshing, but crowded).
  3. Go to the local splash park. (Fun for the kids, hot for the moms--unless you run through the water. Still crowded.)
  4. Set up water toys in your front yard and play with the greatest neighbors ever!!
I prefer the last option. Look how much fun we're having!!!! Thanks Whit and Windy!

Saturday, July 18, 2009


I have always believed in miracles and yesterday is proof that they exist. My dad went in for his infusion on Friday along with another test to see how his treatments are working. ~I dread these days because I know cancer is unpredictable and just so life draining, that I'm afraid to hear the results. Watching my dad lose so much weight and suffer side effects (rash all over his face, arms, legs, dry cracked and blistered lips, his hair stopped growing... to name a few) from the drugs has been a hard thing, but I know there is a plan out there for him and for all of us no matter what happens.~ So when I got a phone call from my mom yesterday I hoped for the best but expected the worst. I couldn't believe my ears...5 out of the 6 cancer areas that they were watching showed that the cancer was gone. GONE! We're looking at a miracle here! {I saw the pictures at the beginning of all this from when he had to have his lungs drained and I saw the nodules and cancerous cells all throughout his lung and rib cage and lymph nodes.} And now, 83% of is it GONE! The one tumor that is still there hasn't gotten bigger or smaller, but is staying the same. And he is in the top of his clinical trial as far as results go. The Dr.'s are optimistic and I just know that we need more time with him and this is Heavenly Father's way of giving it to us. And just have to say Thank you! Thank you for this wonderful miracle!

Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Where to go? Destination Relaxation

We get to take a mini vacation with my parents this summer and we're trying to decide where to go. It has to be within driving distance (6 hours or less, preferably less), relaxing, beautiful and FUN!! We have been considering Jackson Hole, Wyoming. Lodging is a bit pricey, though. My brother and his family already went to Bear Lake and my sister and her family are currently at Zion right now. (Each one of us siblings gets a separate vaca with the padres). We'll go AFTER Pat graduates and he needs a nice relaxing break. Any suggestions??

Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Brotherly Love

My two boys haven't always been the best of friends. It's definitely getting better. They wrestle and fight and don't get along 90% of the time. But the other 10%...well, take a look. This is what you would call some real brotherly love.

(Lukas is reading to Max while he sits on the potty.)

Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Date with Sidewalk Chalk

Lukas asked me if I'd like to do sidewalk chalk with him. I said yes and came outside a few minutes later to find that he had set everything up...including 2 cups of water if we got thirsty or if we wanted to erase our chalk, a plastic mat and our play-doh stuff. We had a fun time...that is until Max squished the play-doh all over the ground and then peed all over my chalk drawing (this was not on purpose...he just forgot to tell me he had to go). Thanks Lukas for a fun date!