Friday, February 15, 2008

Tag! You're It!

10 years ago I was:

  • Living in Provo, going to school at BYU and getting ready to go on my mission (New Jersey Morristown Mission--Harvesting the Garden State, a mission of excellence) .

5 things on my to do list today:

  1. Take a shower (pretty basic, but if I don't plan it, it won't happen).
  2. Clean the bathrooms---not fun, but something that needs to be done.
  3. Go to Ikea and get a Futon bed (my sister and her kids are coming and I need a place for them to sleep.)
  4. Laundry
  5. Do something fun tonight with the fam and wait up for Mindy!!!

Things I would do if I became a billionaire:

  • Pay off my house, Pat's car and all our debt (which isn't too bad, but it's still debt).
  • Buy a new car for myself (fully loaded people...I want the DVD player, the GPS the heated seats, the rear-camera for backing out...)
  • Finally get health insurance
  • Take a sweet vacation and buy stuff for our families.
  • Finish our basement. Or maybe buy a bigger house and a house for Mindy and Jared so we can all be closer. My parents already have a sweet house, so I don't think they want another one.
  • Invest my newly made money so I don't spend it all.
  • Donate to a charity and pay tithing, of course.
  • Pad up our savings accounts and the kid's college funds.
  • Hire a fashion consultant and get a new wardrobe.
  • Ooh, get laser hair removal so I never have to shave again.
  • Hire someone to help me clean my house so I can enjoy playing with my kids. Or maybe not, it's good to work.
  • Buy my own private jet so I can go visit my family or go anywhere whenever I want. but then again, if they will be living close to me in their new house, I probably don't need a jet to see them. But a jet to go on vacation and take them with me.
  • HEY, I can dream can't I?

3 of my bad habits: Just three? I could think of a few more than that...

  1. I'm too bossy. I'm always catching myself telling Pat how to drive or how to do something.
  2. I get distracted with housework and neglect spending more time with the kids.
  3. I stay up too late and am tired and grouchy the next day.
  4. I eat too many sweets. I love chocolate!

5 places I've lived

  1. New City, New York (mission)
  2. Elizabeth, New Jersey (mission)
  3. Rexburg, Idaho (college)
  4. Placentia, California (hometown, baby!!)
  5. Rawlins, Wyoming (birthplace)

5 jobs I've had

  1. Cinnamon Works (a yummy bakery in Cali)
  2. Sweats 'n' Surf at the Brea Mall (my first job)
  3. Law Offices of Rigby, Andrus and ? I already forgot the name -Assistant to the Secretary
  4. Boys And Girls Club of Midvale- Teen Director
  5. Murray School District- After School Program Director

Something most people don't know about me:

  • I have always wanted to make my own "font". When I was younger I'd write in all these different styles and play around with my handwriting. My mom would always have me write stuff for her (like names on Christmas ornaments, or if she was decorating a card or something, she'd have me write it because she like my handwriting).

I don't think I'll tag anyone specific since I just tagged in the last post, but if you feel inclined to share stuff, please do! Thanks Shayna for tagging me!

3 comments:

Tyler and Julia said...

I'm with you all the way about wanting laser hair removal; I HATE shaving! Sweets are also one of my biggest bad habits. I want to shake the hand of the person who invented chocolate, but at the same time, scold them.

Tyler and Julia said...

Now it's my turn to tag you. Visit our blog for details!

Shay said...

Thanks for playing along...you are such a great sport. I love how you want to have your own font. That is so awesome!