Monday, December 29, 2008
Posted by JaNece at 11:45 AM
Friday, December 26, 2008
Posted by JaNece at 11:34 PM
Monday, December 22, 2008
- Lukas noticed that the Santa at preschool and the Santa at the mall look different! Uh oh!
- Max's favorite thing to say is "poop" after everything. (Twinkle twinkle little poop!)
- Pat came in my craft room to sew on a button before church, and Lukas saw him in there and said, with a surprised look on his face, "Dad, I didn't know you knew how to craft!"
- Max came to R.S. with me on Sunday b/c he fell asleep and was so tired, so I just held him. A little girl walked by him and wanted to hand him a toy. He kicked his foot out at her and said, "Go away!"
- Lukas came to me one day and said, "Mom, can we make gingerbread cookies and popcorn ball Christmas tree ornaments?" It made me wonder who he's been hanging around with, Martha Stewart?!
- Max desperatley needs a hair cut. His hair is hanging in his eyes and he brushes it aside with his arm all day. When I ask him if I can cut his hair, he starts to shake his head really fast and runs away. I guess he'll just have long hair!
- We were playing Perudo (a game with lots of dice and cups) and Max plays with us and his answer is always "I have two sixes"!
- Max will ask a question and then repeat the answer, like so; Max-"What happened to your thumb?" My answer- "I got an owie". Max- "Oh, you got an owie". Or, "Where's Lukas?" Me-"He's downstairs watching cartoons". Max-"Oh, he's watching cartoons."
- The boys love to be naked and will run around and say "NAKED-ee".
- Lukas nightly routine consists of helping Max into his PJ's and brushing his teeth. It's so cute how he helps him.
- They boys will start singing, "It's toooo late...to 'poligize" and we were singing along with our singstar on PS2 and Max kept singing, "Got much back". Hmmm, we need to be careful what we sing! haha
- Every year we do the 12 days to someone in our neighborhood. Lukas calls it "Secret Silent Night". So cute!!!!!
- Pat and I stayed up late one night to catch up on cleaning our dirty house. In the morning, Lukas said, "Did Santa come to clean the house?"
Posted by JaNece at 10:06 AM
Posted by JaNece at 9:44 AM
Thursday, December 18, 2008
Posted by JaNece at 9:11 AM
Friday, December 12, 2008
I'm always worried about my boys not getting along. They fight constantly and can't share or agree on anything. It is disheartening to me to see them at each other all the time. Tonight, I sent them upstairs to get their pj's on and I went about my routine, picking up things and Pat was doing some stuff on the computer. The boys were gone for quite some time and it was TOO quiet upstairs (this never happens, there is always screaming when they are alone together). I slipped up there to see what was going on and I peek in their room to find this:
- Lukas: Ok, now just put your leg through there. And stand up, can you stand up? There. Good job. We did it!
- Max: Okay Lukas. Yay, we did it!
- Lukas: Now we have to get your arm through here. Are you tired? I know, that's why we have to get your jammies on. Is it taking too long?
Posted by JaNece at 9:31 PM
Thursday, December 11, 2008
- Instead of saying, "Oh no, I've got piles of laundry to do every week." I will start saying, "Yeah, laundry! Look at all the clothes we have!"
- Instead of saying, "No way can there be dishes in the sink again!" I will start saying, "Wow, we always have something to eat."
- Instead of saying, "What are you whining about now?" I will start saying, "You learn from me, so I will always say things sweetly."
- Instead of saying, "More orders! I don't want to sew!!" I will start saying, "People like what I make and it helps pay the bills. Keep 'em coming!"
- Instead of saying, "Pat is gone again. I'm all alone." I will start saying, "Man, I'm lucky to have a husband who works so hard and goes to school so he can get a job to support our family for the rest of our lives. I'm a lucky girl."
- Instead of saying, "I think I'm going to SCREAM if you kids wake me up in the middle of the night again!!" I will start saying...no, I really will scream if they keep waking me up.
As like quickly passes me by, I want to cherish each moment. I know I will look back on what I thought were "hard times" and laugh at how easy I had it. Thank you Lukas and Max for seeing me at my worst and still loving me. Thank you Pat for supporting me and sacrificing so much for us, and loving me. Life is what you make of it, so I want to make cookies! Warm and sweet and every bite worth taking!
Posted by JaNece at 12:18 AM
Wednesday, December 10, 2008
They say kids are like sponges, absorbing everything around them. Well, here's some things I've heard Max "absorb" from me:
- "Mmm, that smells nice."
- "Oh my gosh, are you kidding?"
- "Gonna get a present taken away."
- "What the heck, Santa!"--actually I've never said this, I dont' know where he got this from. Lukas perhaps?
- "Lukas at preschool like a big boy."
- "It's tooo late....it's too late." (mimicking the song from One Republic Apologize).
- "Sometimes I falling in the ocean. " (another song from Blue October that he picked up on).
- "Lukas hit me in the eye." --I've never said this either, but whatever happens to him, whether Lukas is there or not, this is what happened to him. Lukas inevitabley hit him in his eye.
- "Good morning sweetheart."
Max is just so cute. I love the phase he is in. Still innocent (kind of) and so easy to please. He says so many things and still has the cutest lisp. He's my squishy.
Posted by JaNece at 11:02 PM
Yes, that's what I said, Bootie trap. It caught me off guard, too. Hearing Lukas and Tommy say it over and over while they were playing. I couldn't understand how they would know what a "bootie" is and why it would need a trap. Then I realized they were meaning to say "boobie trap". I had to laugh as I listened to them set up "bootie traps" for the toys they were playing with. And they said it so seriously, "Then Kung Fu Panda set up a bootie trap for Tai Lung and then Batman came in and saved Tiger".
Posted by JaNece at 10:41 PM
Wow, I can't believe it's been so long since I've blogged. First of all, my computer's hard drive crashed, so it took us a while to get things back in order. (What a pain!) And now that December is here, it feels like things are busy again. I'm winding down and getting my orders done so I can enjoy the holidays! I like doing boutiques, but I'm worn out. I just want to play now. Pat is in finals week. He's studying like a mad-man and almost done. This will be his 1/2 mark. Only two more semesters of Nursing school! Yay Pat! I am proud of him. He's worked/studied so hard. I'm impressed with him. He puts his mind to something and he gets it done. Nothing exciting to post about, so this is a short one.
Posted by JaNece at 10:20 PM