Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Really...Stitches, again??!!

Apparently, the third time is NOT a charm. This will be Max's FOURTH time getting stitches on his face. That kid is one tough cookie! I was at Target shopping with Whitney, so Holden, Lukas and Max were just running around playing. The next thing I know Max comes crying to me with blood coming out his mouth. I thought he just cut his lip or something minor, but after seeing how much blood was coming out I knew it was worse. He not only cut it, but split it wide open. His upper lip was all cut up and his gums, too! Poor child! It was a moment of panic since I didn't have anything to stop the blood in the middle of the store. I just held my hand out to catch all the blood while racing to the bathroom. Luckily, some nice ladies offered their wipes and we got things under control. Whitney ran for paper towels and ice and that helped a ton. I am sad and disappointed in TARGET because not ONE associate or worker came to investigate or help. We were making a lot of noise, so I don't know how no one noticed. (I went back later to talk to a manager about it all, and he was nice, but totally unhelpful as well. He just said sorry.) So, a trip to the InstaCare again. He had to have 4 stitches in his bottom lip and he handled it quite well despite his fear of shots {he had to have 2 shots in his lip to numb it}. We're eating a lot of popsicles around here and avoiding Target. We also thought it would be fun after such a horrific day to have a sleep out in the loft and watch movies. The kids were up WAY too late, but we're making memories, right! I love my boys so much. They stick up for each other and love each other and are so fun. They are a HUGE blessing in my life. They're my little super heroes.

5 comments:

Dibble's said...

JaNece! You go back to Target right now and tell them that they have to pay for it! You could totally sew them because it happened on their property! I can't believe that no one took care of anything or helped you in anyway! OH MY GOSH!

PS way cute boys!

Steve and Cyndi said...

JaNece I was going to say the same thing! This actually happened to my brother's little boy about a year ago in a Target in So Cal. What was it that caused the injury? Can you go back and get pictures? It is absolutely not okay that Target is not trying to help in anyway. In the very least, they need to pay for the InstaCare visit and stitches. I definitely would follow up on this. Let me know if you want/need any more info on my nephew's case (my brother is in law enforcement and knows the ins and outs...).

Anyways, sorry to hear about the stitches. Good thing it doesn't change how cute your boys are! :)

Windy said...

Wow that is crazy that no one cared in the Target store..how sad poor Max. You are such a cute mommy. You are much calmer then I am, I panic. At least we have the new instacare so close. Man, I would be ticked at the Target that just makes me so mad. I know the bathroom is right at the front of the store so people working had to have seen you. Gosh darn meanies!!

Villarreal's said...

Sorry to hear that! All I gotta say gal, is you got boys! I think boys attract stitches and broken bones... ;) At least my nephews do! It's a good thing your boys have you guys for parents. A calm mom and a nurse for a daddy! Couldn't have been sent to a better famliy! ;)

Patty R said...

Poor Max. Good thing he is a tough cookie. He will have some good stories to tell when he grows up.