Monday, January 19, 2009

Weekend Update

  • Thursday I had several orders that I HAD to get done, so I bargained with the kids that if they gave me two hours to sew I would make cookies with them, take them to the clubhouse, let them play games...whatever they wanted. I set them up with a movie, snacks, cars, games right next to my sewing room so they could be by me and I could still sew. I can't tell you how many times I had to come out to stop them from hitting and fighting. It was less effective, but alas I got my orders done. I took them to the playland at Carl's Jr., I made cookies with them, we did this fun "hand art". Let me tell you, it all sounds fun, but the boys were at each other the entire time. It was so frustrating for me. I was totally frazzled. But here we are at the end of the day. How deciving that we all look so happy...
  • How ironic is it that my goal this year is to exercise more, and by so doing I fit into less clothing than before?! My loose jeans are not so loose anymore and I am spilling out of things. Gross. Why can't fat be the new thin?
  • I have neglected my house lately and it was too much for me to handle alone, so my superman husband tackled it with me. We hit EVERY room in the house (it took all day Saturday) and now there is a sparkle on everything. I love it! Thanks Pat. Now the question is how long can it last??
  • We now have a computer again! It died on us a month or so ago. I can't tell you how lost I felt not having one and working off a laptop that spontaneously shuts off and would lose all my work. We're back, baby!
  • We went to the Dinosuar Museum with my parents this weekend. It was so fun. And much bigger than I remember, or maybe that's because I recently took the kids to the aquarium that is so much smaller. The kids loved it and had a blast! I so want a membership there!

Is it really only January? Do we really have MONTHS of snow still? I think I need a vacation to somewhere warm.

No comments: