Sunday, October 19, 2008

Chores = Fun

Sticker book with reward chart in back: $1.00

Willingly doing a chore to earn a sticker:  PRICELESS
________________________________
Lukas has a thing with stickers and charts.  He, on his own doing, will ask for a chore each day just so he can put it on a chart that he gets to color and hang up.  (Which he decided he wanted to do on his own).  Today Lukas asked me what chore he could do and I'm racking my brain thinking, "what could I have him do that would actually help and not create more work for me?"  I had loads and loads of laundry to do and so I asked him to take the clothes out of the washer and put them into the dryer.  I showed him how and then left him to it.  He did such a great job, shaking out each shirt and towel and putting it in the dryer.  I think I've found a new way to do laundry!!!  

4 comments:

emily said...

It's incredible what motivates these little minds. And inspiring post! I can't wait to see if my kids want to do chores.

Roth Family said...

I love when the kids are old enough to do chores that actually "help" out. I pd Trevyn to clean toilets. It's the best.

Patty R said...

That's awesome,if Lukas wants to come over and hang out, he can earn some stickers at our house, that would be cool, just kidding :) What a good kid.

Tyler and Julia said...

Lukas reminds me sooo much of Aubrey in so many ways! As soon as I read this post, it made me think of her. She LOVES to help me with the laundry too; she asks me every time I do it. What a good little guy Lukas is to want to help his mommy out! :)