Friday, November 30, 2007

It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas

So I made it home from San Fran (more posts/pics to come) and have finally started the HUGE pile of laundry, got our suitcases unpacked and done some grocery shopping. And I pulled out some of our Christmas decorations. I forget how much I love it. I get so caught up with Halloween and then this year spending a week at my sister's for Thanksgiving, Christmas sort of crept up on me. The only thing I'm not excited about is hanging lights outside. I guess I'll give that job to Pat. Maybe next year. Seems like all our neighbors have lights up. There is no snow on the ground, but it is C O L D !! Anyway, this is a picture of me in downtown San Fran in Macy's looking down at the BIG tree. Talk about a huge wreath!! They wouldn't let me carry ot on the plane. (haha) Some things I love about winter...(I'm trying to be positive b/c I don't like being cold or driving in snow or dragging melted snow into the house)...I love Hot Chocolate. Mmmmmmm. I love wearing a scarf (it hides how fat I'm getting from drinking all the hot chocolate). I love snow mobiling or sledding or making a snow man. But only for a short period of time. When my fingers are numb, I'm done. I love watching the snow fall from inside my warm house with a fire going. And I love egg nog. But only half a cup at a time. And lastly, I love driving to look at lights and seeing how festive people are and how excited they are about the season. Ok, now I feel like I can make it through winter and not be a scrooge. Now I need to decide where to put the tree...

3 comments:

Alison said...

Cute picture! I'm glad you had a fun time visiting your sis and made it home safe! I hope you share photos of all your holiday decorating! :)

Shay said...

I love that wreath...if only I had a big enough house to put that in! Sounds like you had fun in San Fran.

Anonymous said...

Excuse me..... I believe I ordered the "large" wreath. Such a cute picture.