Tuesday, November 20, 2007

7 Wonders of JaNece

I have never actually done one of these "tag" things, but Michelle tagged me and I thought it would be fun to think of things about me. And since I should be packing for San Fransisco and am a huge procrastinator, I'll do this instead! (We're spending Thanksgiving with my sister). So...here are seven things you might not know about me:

  1. I am a little OCD at times. Like if the kids are in the toy room and there are toys strewn about, I will quickly put them away (sometimes when they are still playing). And not just away, I have labeled all the bins so I know where each toy goes. I know...I know... And I can't go to bed unless the house is picked up and everything is put away. I drive Pat crazy. I can't relax until it's done. When I was little, I'd go grocery shopping with my mom and I'd organize the cart (put the boxed groceries together, the cans together, the refrigerated items in a corner, the bread and eggs on top). You'd think my cupboards and closets would be a little more organized.
  2. I really want to make a difference in the world. Like with recycling and being more conservative with our resources. You know, not leaving the water on when I brush my teeth, and reusing zip lock bags and water bottles. Sometimes I don't even flush the toilet until the second time (SORRY, this is a little too much information--I'm embarrassed to admit it). I want to be more earth-friendly.
  3. I used to be a ballet dancer. I think I stopped around the time I turned 12. I loved it, though. I wonder why I didn't pursue it??
  4. I am totally paranoid with throw-up. I mean, everyone thinks its gross, I'm sure, but I am a little overly obsessed about it and will avoid it at all costs. I think it stems back to my childhood when Wade Miller threw-up behind my chair in first grade. GROSS!!!!
  5. I have hopes and dreams of one day becoming a photographer, a beautician and learning sign language. And maybe writing a book. But I don't know what it would be about.
  6. I am a hopeless romantic. My favorite movies are : The Wedding Singer, Ever After, Just Like Heaven, and 13 Going on 30. I love it when the guy has to fight for the girl! And I love movies in general. I'm a big movie quoter. I think I could quote word-for-word Tommy Boy, Emperor's New Groove, Remember the Titans.
  7. My name is half my dad's name (Jack-Ja) and half my mom's name (Eunice-nice) but they changed the "i" to an "e" and capitalized the N (JaNece). Thank goodness, b/c I don't think I'd like to be called "Janice". :) There you go. Now I want to hear all about you, if you have time and want to. Tag you're it...Alison, Emily, Patty & Mindy (just use email), Paige, Jackie and Leslie.

4 comments:

Emily said...

Cute...it was so much fun learning some of these things about you! And the little Ballerina picture...awe. :) We must think about some of the same things because I posted a "tagged" post this morning on my blog too...how funny. :) P.S. The table and the rug are beautiful!

Alison said...

This is so fun to learn all this stuff about you! I wish I had a little bit more of that OCD in me...when it comes to having a clean house especially! I'll have to start thinking so I can post my 7 Wonders! :)

Anonymous said...

Janice(just kidding), I love this blog, it's fun learning all this cool stuff about u. I'm getting closer and closer to starting me own blog--but I really don't think my life is so interesting--maybe one day, lol. I love the new table ;)

Mojomoon said...

Hey there, I don't even know how I came across your blog...but boy am I glad I'm not alone. I found myself nodding my head to so many of the things you said. The OCD, toys..LOL! I also am looking into Cosmetology School. Look me up on www.myspace.com/mojomoon. Would love to chat with you.

p.s. Cute kids!