Sunday, February 28, 2010

Almost Finished

It's been a goal of ours to have our basement finished within a year of moving into our house. We just hit our 3 year mark, so we missed that goal by a long shot. However, slowly and surely over the years we've done little things. Now I think I lit a fire under Pat and there is nothing like a baby on the way to motivate us! We are 90% done--just waiting on doors and carpet (and the bathroom and little mini bar we want...oh, and don't forget the big screen projector)! I'm so excited. Excited to have more space and more places for the kids to play where I won't hear them!!! I hope they like playing in an empty room with just carpet, b/c that is all that will be there for now. How does it add up so fast? Well, I'm just so happy to be where we are. Hoorah for basements and NO MORE DUST! Now I just have to worry about the spiders. Eeeeew.

2 comments:

Christi said...

I can't wait to see it after you decorate it. You are so good at that stuff. I bet the boys are excited to have a big huge room to play in.

emily said...

WOW! How industrious! It looks like it will be a great room! Can't wait to meet that baby!