Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Small Miracles

Every 9 weeks my dad goes in to get a CT scan to monitor/evaluate his cancer. (He was diagnosed with stage VI lung cancer almost a year ago.) He had his most recent scan just this last Friday. The results came in on Monday and it seems that the cancer is still not spreading. It's not growing and the tumor that is there seems to be slightly shrinking. I know cancer is a nasty thing, but for now it's such a miracle and blessing that he is doing so well. He cut back on the dosage awhile ago (which has lessened his side effects) and it seems to still be working! I love my dad and just can't imagine a world without him. So thank goodness for clinical studies, time and miracles!!!

4 comments:

Jenny May McKim said...

SO SO happy to hear that..
Also, LOVE the sweatshirt your father has on!

I can't believe you are 30 weeks already.
So excited still for you to have a girl.. mostly because I love my little girls!

Natalie said...

That's incredible. I love hearing good news.

Kenna said...

YAY!! I'm so happy for him and you!

Windy said...

Janece that is awesome. I think your Dad is amazing!! He has a great attitude! I am so happy for your family! Woohoo