Sunday, December 9, 2007

Preschool Pals

Lukas started preschool this year, as you may already know. It's a neighborhood thing...a lot of people call it JOY school (I don't know much about that) but there are 7 kids and each mom takes a turn being the teacher. So every seven weeks I have preschool at my house and we rotate houses. It's worked out pretty good and Lukas loves it. However it is quite stressful having seven 3-4 year olds running around PLUS Max, but I survived our turn. We made play-doh and reviewed all the letters we've learned so far. The kids are funny. One kid sort of wanders off and does his own thing, one likes to talk, but takes F O R E V E R to get his point across, none of them can sit still and one peed their pants. It keeps me on my toes. The first time I tried to be so elaborate and do all these cool things, but this time I learned to just be flexible and go with the flow. It turned out fine. And now I can rest for seven weeks. Whew! And Lukas will be in Sunbeams in January. I'm totally freaking out b/c he has such a hard time sitting still and following directions. Today at church they had to come get Pat (I was home with Max who has a cold) and they said Lukas didn't want to participate in Singing Time. I think I am going to struggle with him. I feel bad for his teacher. What should I do? And he is STILL not potty trained. Although he tells people that he is and that he wears underwear. The poor kid is living in denial. I think I've tried everything (prizes, the potty watch, bribery, money, candy, toys) and he is just not into it. He'll do it once and then he thinks that's it. Any moms out there that have tips or advice, I'm all ears.

5 comments:

Alison said...

This sounds just like my life! Except we only have 5 kids in our rotating preschool (two of which are mine of course). I've got 2 heading into Sunbeams in January too...not potty trained yet either!! My husband finishes the semester next Wed and is determined to potty train them on his break. I'm all for it... cuz I am getting really tired of having 3 kids in diapers! ;)

Steve and Cyndi said...

Obviously I have no actual experince with this, but Steve seems to think "target practice" might work! This could be a cheerio in the potty or a square of tp, but the game is to hit the target or sink the battle ship... must be a boy thing, cuz I don't get it! My fear would be that it would back fire and other things not inside the potty might be game for target practice...
GOOD LUCK!!

Heather said...

I love all of it! We have 6 kids in our preschool, but yours sounds way more exciting! Peter didn't potty train until he was 3. My Max was 4 months old and I wasn't ready to potty train. Too much work, but Pete decided on his own that he was ready, and that was that. Not too many accidents, and a happy experience. My advice?? Wait until HE wants to. I promise he won't be in diapers forever.

Michelle said...

No advice, but just some encouragement, Rex isn't potty trained either! It's frustrating. I think the more we bug them about it, the more they rebel against it. Rex will be in Sunbeams too, and he will be the youngest one!!

anniebobannie said...

Hey JaNece~
Where did you get your cute green rug and chair pads? I love your house!!!