Monday, October 8, 2007

New Jersey Morristown Mission Reunion

It has been 8 years since I got home from my mission to New Jersey! Man, I am getting old! I look back and it almost seems like a dream. At the time it felt like it would never end...that I would never come home. Funny how time seems to drag on as a missionary. I loved serving and being a missionary, though. I was looking forward to this reunion and hoped to find old friends there. I did see Elder Urry and Elder Carpenter there. Other than that I didn't recognize hardly anyone else. It was at my mission president's house in Saratoga Springs. Pres. Schreiner was the same as I remember him and it was good for me to see him and have a chance to talk with him for a minute. My mission was very strict and had a lot of rules, so my memories tend to be on the negative side sometimes. This was good for me to remember how sincere and nice Pres. Schreiner was. Now I don't have to stress about going to another one if I don't want.

1 comment:

Michelle said...

Wow your mission sounds like mine! It's funny how distant a mission seems the more time goes by. I am glad you are blogging!