Saturday, August 30, 2008
Posted by JaNece at 11:59 PM
Wednesday, August 27, 2008
Posted by JaNece at 4:07 PM
Tuesday, August 26, 2008
(If anyone reads my sisters blog, I totally copied her for this post. Thanks Min!) Pat's three week break is up!! It was fun having him around and being able to do fun things with him. And it seems that summer is at a close, too, even though the heat is not giving up. Here are some fun things we did (and some not-so-fun things). Pat had a pretty big "honey-do" list and he accomplished every task! Thank you!
- hanging the upstair fan...beautiful!
- We had some pretty bad settling in our backyard and thankfully we had some neighbors that gave us their leftover dirt to fill it in. It looks brand new now! The kids are happy to have their sandbox back.
- We cleaned out our garage (as seen in earlier post)! And it's still clean! YAY!
- We got a babysitter and went to the movies. We saw HANCOCK.
- We attempted camping twice. Both times were fun even though finding a spot was a challenge.
- All the hornets nest hanging around our house and eves are now gone! I should've got a picture of Pat on the roof. He loved it. Anything to climb up to the roof.
- swimming at the clubhouse, always the kids' favorite
- The hose is now nicely rolled up in the hose box that has been leaking since last summer and is now fixed!
- We moved some toys in the basement and now the kids have more room to run around and make messes.
- We got our family pictures taken!
Good luck with your second semester of school Pat! You rock! :)
Posted by JaNece at 8:11 AM
Wednesday, August 20, 2008
Posted by JaNece at 1:18 AM
Monday, August 18, 2008
Posted by JaNece at 5:08 PM
Wednesday, August 13, 2008
Today I am thankful for...
- being able to stay at home with my kids (as rowdy and crazy as they are)
- my sewing machine and a little free time
- cookie dough
- taking a walk on a cool(er) summer night
- throwing together a fast dinner (and everyone eating it)
- phone calls from my sister :)
- a washer that actually works
Posted by JaNece at 11:54 PM
Saturday, August 9, 2008
I asked Pat to help me clean out the garage today. I've been feeling like it is just so cluttered and dirty and stuff is just thrown everywhere. So, today was the day we changed all that! We took everything out, organized it, de-junked and scrubbed everything down (including our nasty gross garbage can). I must say, it looks goooood! I think now we will want to keep it clean and uncluttered. I'd really like to get some hooks to hang things instead of just having them piled up on the floor. And someday we'll epoxy it and paint the walls (Pat thinks its unnecessary, but I think it would look nice). But for now, I'm super happy that it's finally clean and organized!!!!!!!! Come take a look! The floors look brand new and it looks like we just moved in...the floors are so empty! YAY!
Posted by JaNece at 11:08 PM
Posted by JaNece at 3:24 PM
Friday, August 8, 2008
Posted by JaNece at 9:35 AM
Saturday, August 2, 2008
My Twilight party was a blast! My old roommate Brendy came with her friend Becky. And my sister-in-law came and brought the cutest Edward and Jacob cookies. And my two cute neighbors Windy and Whitney came! We hit every angle of the books and tried to figure out what the next book would entail. We were giddy with excitement! Midnight couldn't come quick enough! And when it finally did, some of us went to Walmart where we were greeted quickly and happily with our new book!!!!!!!!!!!! No pre-ordering, no lines, no wait! And I so wanted to win a TEAM JAKE t-shirt! It took all that was in me not to crack open the book and flip through to see the ending. But of course I didn't. I'm just happy to have my book. And I plan on taking my time to read it. I wanted to stay up all night reading, but really only made it to 2:30. Then Max woke up crying and that distracted me enough to put it down and get some rest. However, I didn't really sleep thanks to Max. Grrrrr! And just for you other Breaking Dawn readers...I'm not going to plow through the book, I want it to last as long as possible. So next time you see me, don't say a word or even hint about the book. My sister and I made code words to know if we could talk to each other. If I am not finished with the book we say "Bella's missing" and if we are through with the book we say "Vampires Rule". So if you do feel inclined to talk about it, use code please! :) (I think there are more Jake fans than you think!)
Posted by JaNece at 10:33 AM