Wednesday, February 27, 2008
Posted by JaNece at 12:34 AM
Tuesday, February 26, 2008
Posted by JaNece at 11:50 PM
Posted by JaNece at 9:52 PM
Posted by JaNece at 9:04 PM
Wednesday, February 20, 2008
Posted by JaNece at 10:00 PM
Posted by JaNece at 9:36 PM
Tuesday, February 19, 2008
I promise this is the last "house project" picture for a while. It seemed to all come at once...painting the living room and then the doors. Anyway, my brother (Jared) came over one Saturday to help us put doors on Pat's office. He did an awesome job. We needed doors since Pat works from home and the kids always bug him when he's on the phone and go through his desk and make a mess of everything. Plus, they can be so loud. The doors look great (WAY TO GO Jared) and Pat is so glad to have them. Only now the problem isn't the noise...it's the finger prints! (And Max wouldn't get out of the picture!)
Posted by JaNece at 10:35 AM
Sunday, February 17, 2008
Posted by JaNece at 4:01 PM
Friday, February 15, 2008
10 years ago I was:
- Living in Provo, going to school at BYU and getting ready to go on my mission (New Jersey Morristown Mission--Harvesting the Garden State, a mission of excellence) .
5 things on my to do list today:
- Take a shower (pretty basic, but if I don't plan it, it won't happen).
- Clean the bathrooms---not fun, but something that needs to be done.
- Go to Ikea and get a Futon bed (my sister and her kids are coming and I need a place for them to sleep.)
- Do something fun tonight with the fam and wait up for Mindy!!!
Things I would do if I became a billionaire:
- Pay off my house, Pat's car and all our debt (which isn't too bad, but it's still debt).
- Buy a new car for myself (fully loaded people...I want the DVD player, the GPS the heated seats, the rear-camera for backing out...)
- Finally get health insurance
- Take a sweet vacation and buy stuff for our families.
- Finish our basement. Or maybe buy a bigger house and a house for Mindy and Jared so we can all be closer. My parents already have a sweet house, so I don't think they want another one.
- Invest my newly made money so I don't spend it all.
- Donate to a charity and pay tithing, of course.
- Pad up our savings accounts and the kid's college funds.
- Hire a fashion consultant and get a new wardrobe.
- Ooh, get laser hair removal so I never have to shave again.
- Hire someone to help me clean my house so I can enjoy playing with my kids. Or maybe not, it's good to work.
- Buy my own private jet so I can go visit my family or go anywhere whenever I want. but then again, if they will be living close to me in their new house, I probably don't need a jet to see them. But a jet to go on vacation and take them with me.
- HEY, I can dream can't I?
3 of my bad habits: Just three? I could think of a few more than that...
- I'm too bossy. I'm always catching myself telling Pat how to drive or how to do something.
- I get distracted with housework and neglect spending more time with the kids.
- I stay up too late and am tired and grouchy the next day.
- I eat too many sweets. I love chocolate!
5 places I've lived
- New City, New York (mission)
- Elizabeth, New Jersey (mission)
- Rexburg, Idaho (college)
- Placentia, California (hometown, baby!!)
- Rawlins, Wyoming (birthplace)
5 jobs I've had
- Cinnamon Works (a yummy bakery in Cali)
- Sweats 'n' Surf at the Brea Mall (my first job)
- Law Offices of Rigby, Andrus and ? I already forgot the name -Assistant to the Secretary
- Boys And Girls Club of Midvale- Teen Director
- Murray School District- After School Program Director
Something most people don't know about me:
- I have always wanted to make my own "font". When I was younger I'd write in all these different styles and play around with my handwriting. My mom would always have me write stuff for her (like names on Christmas ornaments, or if she was decorating a card or something, she'd have me write it because she like my handwriting).
I don't think I'll tag anyone specific since I just tagged in the last post, but if you feel inclined to share stuff, please do! Thanks Shayna for tagging me!
Posted by JaNece at 12:15 PM
- How long have you been together? We have been together for almost 6 years (Dating for 9 months and married for 5 years).
- How long did you date? Oh, I already answered that question. We dated for 9 months and were engaged for 3 of those!!
- How old is he? He just turned 28. What a young buck.
- Who eats more? Is this even a question?? Definititely it is Pat. That man can pack it!
- Who said "I love you" first? It was Pat. He called me from the freeway one night after we were hanging out. I lived in Orem and he still lived at home in Sandy so he would always drive to see me and we'd talk while he drove home so he wouldn't fall asleep.
- Who is taller? I would hope it's Pat. And yes, it is.
- Who sings better? If you read my last post you'd see that neither of us sing that great.
- Who is smarter? Well, he is smarter when it comes to math, chemistry, real estate, and spanish. When it comes to kids, household chores, cooking, cleaning and fashion it would be me.
- Who does the laundry? I would love to see him do it, but then I'd be afraid to have my whites pink or something. He may have done it a few times, but most always it's me.
- Who does the dishes? He is supposed to, but seems to always be busy or have an appointment after dinner. Hmmm...
- Who sleeps on the right side of the bed? Well, Pat technically, but he sort of goes diagnol and takes over the whole bed by morning.
- Who pays the bills? I am the one that takes care of finances, but he makes the money to pay the bills
- Who mows the lawn? This is funny b/c we just got our grass in the last summer and I think he mowed it a total of two times. He tried to hire a neighborhood boy to do it, but I got mad and told him "Why pay someone to do something that you are capable of yourself?" So, I hope this summer our grass isn't overgrown.
- Who cooks dinner? I do and I love it. Cooking is so fun. It's just hard with two kids hanging off my legs while I try and do it.
- Who is more stubborn? I am for sure.
- Who kissed who first? He kissed me the smooth mover!
- Who asked who out? He asked me out for a Saturday and I didn't want to wait that long, so I invited him to go to the movies on a Wednesday (half price at the dollar theatre)!
- Who proposed? Pat did. He took me on a hike to Little Cottonwood Canyon and smooth talked his way into my life forever!
- Who has more friends? It seems like he does...everywhere we go he knows someone. Seriously. Everywhere. It's no wonder. He's so friendly and outgoing.
- Who has more siblings? We each have two.
- Who wears the pants in the relationship? Just like Heather said, we both share a leg.
- Who are you tagging? Aubrey, Alison and Candy
Posted by JaNece at 12:00 PM
What a great Valentine's day! We took the kids to Grandma's (Pat's mom) so Pat and I could go out. Pat took me to 'Fleming's' in downtown SLC. It is an awesome steakhouse and we had the BEST food. I can still taste it! MmmmmM! Then he took me to Kingsbury Hall at the U and we got to hear Jim Brickman in concert. It was so incredible! I loved every minute of it!!! He is so talented and you just get lost when you hear him play. You think about the important things and life sort of gets put into perspective. It made me think of my wonderful family and how blessed I am. There is just something about music that really touches me. Sadly, I have NO musical talent. I can barely hold a tune and singing at church and along with the radio is about all I can do. In fact, on the way to Gma's we were all singing in the car. Lukas wanted us to sing the Shrek song (All Star by Smashmouth) and the Little Mermaid song. Anyway, Pat and I were singing our hearts out (Pat was singing in this loud, low base voice and didn't really know the words, so he'd wait for my lead and I was laughing so hard that I couldn't sing) and we were laughing and having so much fun. I'm sure we sounded horrible, but it was one of those small moments where we connected with the boys and forgot about everything else and just had fun. I know I'll look back at the memory and be glad I took the time to write it down. It was a great night. When we picked the kids up, they were so happy to see us and I felt my heart melt. It was a great Valentine's Day! P.S. Jim Brickman had David Klinkenberg touring with him. He was AMAZING! He plays the Celtic Violin (he called it the fiddle) and OH MY GOSH...I was ready to cry listening to him, he was so good! I looooooved it! I had no idea music could make me feel like that. You gotta check him out. http://www.davidklinkenberg.com/
Posted by JaNece at 12:09 AM
Saturday, February 9, 2008
Posted by JaNece at 4:45 PM
Posted by JaNece at 4:39 PM
Posted by JaNece at 3:43 PM
Tuesday, February 5, 2008
Posted by JaNece at 9:49 PM
Posted by JaNece at 9:43 PM
Posted by JaNece at 12:14 AM
Sunday, February 3, 2008
Posted by JaNece at 1:49 PM