So I made it home from San Fran (more posts/pics to come) and have finally started the HUGE pile of laundry, got our suitcases unpacked and done some grocery shopping. And I pulled out some of our Christmas decorations. I forget how much I love it. I get so caught up with Halloween and then this year spending a week at my sister's for Thanksgiving, Christmas sort of crept up on me. The only thing I'm not excited about is hanging lights outside. I guess I'll give that job to Pat. Maybe next year. Seems like all our neighbors have lights up. There is no snow on the ground, but it is C O L D !! Anyway, this is a picture of me in downtown San Fran in Macy's looking down at the BIG tree. Talk about a huge wreath!! They wouldn't let me carry ot on the plane. (haha) Some things I love about winter...(I'm trying to be positive b/c I don't like being cold or driving in snow or dragging melted snow into the house)...I love Hot Chocolate. Mmmmmmm. I love wearing a scarf (it hides how fat I'm getting from drinking all the hot chocolate). I love snow mobiling or sledding or making a snow man. But only for a short period of time. When my fingers are numb, I'm done. I love watching the snow fall from inside my warm house with a fire going. And I love egg nog. But only half a cup at a time. And lastly, I love driving to look at lights and seeing how festive people are and how excited they are about the season. Ok, now I feel like I can make it through winter and not be a scrooge. Now I need to decide where to put the tree...
Wednesday, November 28, 2007
I'm in California visiting my sister. We're having so much fun! We all came for Thanksgiving (my parents, too), but Pat had to get back for work. I stayed a few extra days and will go back Thursday. It's great being able to hang out with Mindy. She always does fun things and makes great food! Luckily she also has a stairmaster. I can't wait to show pictures of our fun trip.
Posted by JaNece at 8:53 AM
Thursday, November 22, 2007
Posted by JaNece at 3:59 AM
Tuesday, November 20, 2007
I have never actually done one of these "tag" things, but Michelle tagged me and I thought it would be fun to think of things about me. And since I should be packing for San Fransisco and am a huge procrastinator, I'll do this instead! (We're spending Thanksgiving with my sister). So...here are seven things you might not know about me:
- I am a little OCD at times. Like if the kids are in the toy room and there are toys strewn about, I will quickly put them away (sometimes when they are still playing). And not just away, I have labeled all the bins so I know where each toy goes. I know...I know... And I can't go to bed unless the house is picked up and everything is put away. I drive Pat crazy. I can't relax until it's done. When I was little, I'd go grocery shopping with my mom and I'd organize the cart (put the boxed groceries together, the cans together, the refrigerated items in a corner, the bread and eggs on top). You'd think my cupboards and closets would be a little more organized.
- I really want to make a difference in the world. Like with recycling and being more conservative with our resources. You know, not leaving the water on when I brush my teeth, and reusing zip lock bags and water bottles. Sometimes I don't even flush the toilet until the second time (SORRY, this is a little too much information--I'm embarrassed to admit it). I want to be more earth-friendly.
- I used to be a ballet dancer. I think I stopped around the time I turned 12. I loved it, though. I wonder why I didn't pursue it??
- I am totally paranoid with throw-up. I mean, everyone thinks its gross, I'm sure, but I am a little overly obsessed about it and will avoid it at all costs. I think it stems back to my childhood when Wade Miller threw-up behind my chair in first grade. GROSS!!!!
- I have hopes and dreams of one day becoming a photographer, a beautician and learning sign language. And maybe writing a book. But I don't know what it would be about.
- I am a hopeless romantic. My favorite movies are : The Wedding Singer, Ever After, Just Like Heaven, and 13 Going on 30. I love it when the guy has to fight for the girl! And I love movies in general. I'm a big movie quoter. I think I could quote word-for-word Tommy Boy, Emperor's New Groove, Remember the Titans.
- My name is half my dad's name (Jack-Ja) and half my mom's name (Eunice-nice) but they changed the "i" to an "e" and capitalized the N (JaNece). Thank goodness, b/c I don't think I'd like to be called "Janice". :) There you go. Now I want to hear all about you, if you have time and want to. Tag you're it...Alison, Emily, Patty & Mindy (just use email), Paige, Jackie and Leslie.
Posted by JaNece at 3:05 PM
Saturday, November 17, 2007
First off, we sold our condo that we bought in West Jordan (we were renting it out and they wanted to buy it, so we sold it and made some great equity). So with our equity we plan on finishing our basement. We hope to do most of it ourselves which will save a lot of money. And since we're saving money, we have some to buy other things with. So...we have been looking for a kitchen table that seats more than just four. It's been fun looking and shopping for one that would go perfect in our dining room. We love the one we have, but with both our families living so close, we want to have them over and it's hard when we have to crowd around a small table. We spent a lot of the day comparing and looking, but ended up buying the first one we saw. We're so excited! It comes on Tuesday, so I'll have to take a picture of it and post it. :)
Posted by JaNece at 10:24 PM
Sunday, November 11, 2007
So Pat and I have been married for 5 years now. We had our anniversary on Friday which is also Max's birthday (long story). We celebrated with Max during the day and my parents came to stay with the kids so Pat and I could go out on the town. We stayed in the Marriott downtown Salt Lake and ate out at "Ruth's Chris Steakhouse". It was super fancy and we loved every second of it. We were living the high life for a little while. Then we came home and were reminded how blessed we are to have two beautiful, healthy, happy boys. We are happy to be married and it's nice to know that we can work through our differences and we're there for each other. It was fun to celebrate the big 5.
Posted by JaNece at 4:18 PM
Max just celebrated his first birthday on Friday (November 9). I can't believe he's already one!! He is my sweet escape. I love everything about him. He is just so cute and happy and sweet. I hope he always stays that way. He brings a lot of happiness to our family and so it was fun to celebrate him. He had NO idea what we were doing with the presents and balloons and stuff, but boy did he like his cake! Lukas loved helping him open his presents and blow out his candle. We had a family party for him on Saturday and it was nice to have both sides of the family there to celebrate. We are blessed to live close to Pat's family and most of my family (we miss you Mindy). Here is a slideshow of his party and birthday.
Posted by JaNece at 4:05 PM
Wednesday, November 7, 2007
It is so late right now and there are a million other things I should be doing (folding the laundry, putting dishes away so I can fill the dishwasher with dirty ones, sweeping the floor under Max's highchair where he left 1/2 his dinner, reading my scriptures...). Instead I am just sitting at the computer making a chore list and a schedule so our family can be more organized. I went to a "Successful Mothering" convention this weekend at the South Town Expo Center. It was so great. I went to these classes and heard speakers on marriage, motherhood, organizing and so many other things! It was just what I needed. So now I'm trying to implement the things I heard. I have decided that I love to organize so much that I am disorganized by trying so hard. SIMPLIFY is my word for the year. I'm working on that, too. So I just wanted to post that I love being a mom and I love my life. There are hard days and times, but I am blessed with a great family and I have fun (most of the time). So here's to you family! Mwwaaah!
Posted by JaNece at 11:33 PM
Sunday, November 4, 2007
Max does this cute "sour face" thing when he's happy and when he's playing off others attention. Like if you cough, he'll cough. If you growl, he'll growl. I was calling Pat in the other room and he was mimicking me..."paaah". It was so cute. This sour face is funny b/c he'll just do it when he knows he's being watched. I love this stage of his life. Although it's getting hard because he's mobile and gets into everything. And I could talk about that all day! Check out those cute chubby thighs of his. OooooooH! I love it!
Posted by JaNece at 10:27 PM